Packaging and palletizing are essential processes in many industries. However, these processes can be costly, time-consuming, and have a significant impact on the environment. At Gulf Application Engineering and Packaging, we understand these challenges and offer innovative solutions.
Traditional pallet stabilization methods involve using multiple layers of stretch film and anti-slip cardboards.
Our Nordson Palletizing system replaces this method by applying a anti-slip glue with a spray gun on packages to stabilize the pallet. It reduces the amount of stretch film and anti-slip cardboard required, resulting in substantial cost savings and long term sustainability.
In our recent use case, our client was using approximately 0.5 kg of stretch film and 6 anti-slip cardboards per pallet, with a total palletizing cost of AED 9.50 (approx.).
With the Nordson Palletizing Stabilization Solution, we were able to reduce the quantity of stretch film by a minimum of 30% and divide the number of layer pads by two. As a result, the palletizing cost dropped to around AED 6.60 (-30%), saving our client AED 3.00 per pallet, leading to an extremely fast ROI.
In other cases, Nordson Palletizing Solution has enabled to totally remove anti-slip cardboards and save 58% of stretch film.
You can also watch a video of a successful implementation here.
Why should you adapt your palletizing process?
1. Cost savings: Reducing stretch film consumption can lead to significant cost savings in the long run. Stretch film is an ongoing expense, and by minimizing its usage, you can reduce your packaging costs and improve your overall profitability.
2. Environmental impact: Stretch film is made from plastic, which is a non-biodegradable material. By reducing your stretch film consumption, you can contribute to environmental sustainability by minimizing plastic waste generation and reducing your carbon footprint.
3. Resource conservation: Stretch film production requires significant amounts of raw materials, including petroleum-based plastics. By using less stretch film, you contribute to conserving valuable resources, such as fossil fuels.
4. Improved operational efficiency: Reducing stretch film consumption can streamline your palletizing process. With less film to apply and remove, you will save time, leading to increased operational efficiency and productivity.
5. Customer perception and satisfaction: As sustainability becomes a more significant concern for all of us, reducing stretch film consumption can enhance your company's reputation. Demonstrating your commitment to environmental responsibility will positively influence customer perception and satisfaction.
6. Compliance with regulations: Many regions have implemented regulations or guidelines related to plastic waste reduction. By actively reducing stretch film consumption, your company can align with these regulations and demonstrate compliance.
7. Innovation and industry leadership: Embracing sustainable packaging practices, including reducing stretch film consumption, positions your company as an innovative leader in the industry. It showcases your commitment to finding creative solutions and adapting to environmental challenges.
8. Long-term sustainability: By reducing stretch film consumption, you contribute to building a more sustainable future for your company and our planet.
At Gulf Application Engineering and Packaging, we are committed to providing our clients with innovative solutions that improve their production processes, save costs, and promote sustainability. We work on each application individually and provide an accurate ROI to ensure that our clients get the best possible value from our solutions.
Contact us today to learn more about our innovative solutions and how we can help your business thrive.